Filemail.com - Terms and Conditions of Use
This disclaimer/terms of service notification is subject to change without notice.
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Filemail's website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This limitation does not apply for the files that are transferred using Filemail - only for the website itself. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:modify or copy the materials;use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Filemail's web site;remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; ortransfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Filemail at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on Filemail's web site are provided "as is". Filemail makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Filemail does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Filemail or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Filemail's Internet site, even if Filemail or a Filemail authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Filemail's web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Filemail does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Filemail may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Filemail does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Filemail has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Filemail of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user's own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Filemail's web site shall be governed by the laws of Norway without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
Filemail may not be used to transfer any illegal or copyrighted material.
Filemail uses and stores cookies to improve user's experience. By using Filemail you accept such use. To read more about cookies please visit our cookies policy.
11. General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
For proper functioning of Filemail service and website Filemail will store your personal information, specifically name, company name, emails, street addresses, organization numbers, phone numbers and IP addresses of all devices that are used for sending or receiving files through Filemail. To read more about this topic please visit our GDPR article.
You have sole responsibility for all User Files that you store on Filemail servers through use of the Services. You acknowledge and agree that Filemail will not be responsible for any failure of the Services to store a User File, for the deletion of a User File stored on the server, or for the corruption of or loss of any data, information or content contained in a User File.
Filemail can not guarantee the availability of our service. Even though we have almost no downtime, we can not be held responsible for unavailabilty of our service.
14. Changes in TOS
Filemail reserves the right to revise its policies at any time without notice.
Filemail reserves the right to charge any account an extra 1 year fee, if the account is being abused by sending out SPAM e-mails. E-mail address and IP will be banned from any further use.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected. In general - Filemail collects as little personal information as possible - we only collect what we need. Typically, it is your Name, Email address, IP address, Payment information - and also metadata related to transferring files (recipient email addresses etc).
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
Data shared with third parties
- We use Intercom for chat/support/faq. In order to identify you as a user, your Name and Email address is shared with Intercom.
- Payments are handled by Braintree Payments. This service collects your Name, Email Address and Payment information when registering a Filemail Account. Filemail does not have access to your creditcard information.
- You also may give us permission to access your information in other services. You may link your Google account to Filemail, which allows us to obtain information from your Google account. The information we get from Google is your profile information and list of contacts. We store your contacts inside Filemail for the purpose of building your Address Book inside Filemail. The Address Book's goal is to simplify selecting recipients of emails you can send with Filemail. After you give Filemail the permission to access your Google data you may revoke that permission at any time using Google's account settings page (https://myaccount.google.com/permissions). You may also remove imported contacts at any time using the Contacts page.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.